INVESTMENT IN CHARACTER
Investment in Character is an annual direct-solicitation campaign, reaching out to Scout families, individuals in the community, service organizations and businesses. Investment in Character is one of the council’s largest sources of income (21 percent). Additionally, eight United Way and United Funds recognize the value of Scouting and provide 12 percent of the council’s annual budget. Over Eighty-four percent of funds raised are dedicated to program.
It costs $264 to provide one year of quality program for each Scout.
What does an Investment in Character contribution provide?
- Local programs and activities throughout the council territory
- Camp scholarships and registration fees for youths who otherwise could not participate
- A Scout Service Center in Kokomo and a field office in Lafayette that coordinate Scouting activities and provide customer service to members
- Accident and liability insurance to protect both youth and adult members
- Professional staff who counsel, guide and inspire volunteer leadership
- Camps and facilities available for year-round camping and Cub Scout family outdoor events
- Opportunities to attend summer camp and high-adventure events
- Advancement programs where Scouts are recognized for learning and achievement of goals they establish
- Distribution and development of literature and training-materials
- Leadership training for young people who will become future community leaders
OTHER OPPORTUNITIES TO CONTRIBUTE
Support your local council every time you SHOP at Amazon.com. Smile.Amazon.com is exactly like Amazon.com, except that every time you make a purchase, 0.5% of your purchase price is donated to the organization of your choice. Click on the link below to find out more and to support Sagamore Council.